Registration for external users
Since the first quarter of 2008 it is possible for colleagues, students, etc. to apply for an access to the learning-platform OPAL without a login from any Saxon college/ university. Visiting professors as well as exchange-students of the TU Dresden still have the possibility to apply for a standard-login.
You can apply for this standard-login within the service "Virtual Home Organisation" (VHO) at the BPS Bildungsportal Sachsen GmbH (Educational Portal Saxony), which is a joint initiative for e-learning at all Saxon universities and colleges.
Please keep in mind that you probably have to pay charges for arranging your application:
- All the professors of any university or college that is involved in the initiative have at least five logins at their disposal. Therefore, if you place an order for logins, you have to state the responsible professor as well.
- A flat rate of 10 Euros per order for preparing the logins needs to be paid from the sixth login per professor onwards. Additionally, you have to pay three Euros per login and term..
- All the amounts stated are not including the legal VAT.
- You can ask for several logins per order. A graduation of prices for a higher number of users is possible on request .
- For any payment fees that arise the responsible professor gets charged by the BPS GmbH.
If you have any questions, please contact the BPS Bildungsportal Sachsen GmbH via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +49 (0)371 6662739-0.